=========kosong=
Home » » showing Error 5100 Pixma MP970

showing Error 5100 Pixma MP970

Pixma MP970 that keeps showing Error 5100 have tried resetting with guide from a i550 and hjc4500 but I still have same problem I can only print half of a DVD but I can print all of any pages that I want to Any suggestion to this problem is greatly appreciate.

the 5100 is the carriage error and can be caused by 4 different sensors. First off the "Timing Strip" that passes through the back of the Carriage Assembly can be contaminated with ink spots and this needs to be cleaned. Open the cover and use your flashlight to examine the timing strip as much as you can see. You really don't have much access to this strip unless you remove the covers,..and doing that is considerable work. The other items that can cause this error are the sensor inside the carriage unit, the drive motor for the carriage asm, and of course the main logic card. However, 99.6% of the time it is the Timing strip which is easitly contaminated with splattered ink.

I have created Repair Manuals that can teach you how to disassemble and repair any Canon Printer but I can advertize or sell this product from this web site. If you want more information you will have to click on my USER ID and send me an email and I will provide more information. I don't have a Manual for the MP960 since I have not had one to repair, but I have all other cirtical information including the Canon Service Manual for the MP960.