=========kosong=
Home » » » » Canon PC 170

Canon PC 170

The Canon PC-170 was the first "personal copier" I ever bought. I needed something to duplicate invoices and receipts but didnt need the large scale copiers that seem to dominate the market.

The PC-170 seemed ideal. Its small and reasonably light at something like 19 pounds. It folds up to resemble a briefcase so it can be portable if you dont mind the weight. It means though I can store it away in my office at home and just get it out a couple of times a month when I do my accounting. Space is an issue for me so its nice to have something small that I can put away when I dont need it.

I have a Canon printer too, which is why I went for another Canon product. They are completely reliable, easy to maintain and cheap to run. The Canon instant on function is a joy to work with. Even though 10 seconds isnt a long time, over a couple of years it can be, so saving at least that much time in a day means a lot.

Once its working the PC-170 is very easy to use. To get it up and running you just need to unpack it and connect it up. Once plugged in, there is no warm up time, so its ready a second or two later. Canon has a clever kind of ink that doesnt need to be heated up like others, which is why its always ready.

The ink cartridges themselves are an all in one. That means I only have to change a single item to keep the copier going forever. The drum and fuser are in with the toner, which makes it very easy to maintain. At $40 each for 4000 pages, that lasts me a good few months.

You cant write about a copier without mentioning whether its any good or not. The PC-170 is good. I only mainly copy receipts and invoices but occasionally Ill copy something useful in a newspaper or magazine, like a recipe or a how-to guide. The copier handles them well, even the photographs. Even though the copier is black and white, the photos still come out well. They are nicely detailed and dont really look like old fashioned black and white, they are more crisp and exact.

The PC-170 is a great little copier. Small enough to be convenient in confined spaces, but good enough to be able to produce what you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment