=========kosong=
Home » » » » HP LaserJet 4200

HP LaserJet 4200

My uncle gave me a HP LaserJet 4200 when I was in my last year at university. He had upgraded and I was initially looking for a cheap inkjet. Initially I balked at the grey box he handed over, thinking it was way too big and would cost way too much to run. However I persevered, and I must say I’m glad I did.

I write a lot of code, so text printing is something of a hobby of mine. Looking at it on screen is fine, but there’s nothing like having it in front of you on paper to be able to read properly. I needed something that could print well at small sizes, which this printer does well. In fact that’s why my uncle suggested a laser printer, as it’s pretty much what they are designed for.

The print quality is fine, text appears crisp and clean. It doesn’t smudge anywhere on the page and it lets me print code at 4 point and I’m able to read it fine. If I have to print images, they come out quite well, although they don’t always look as good in black and white as they do in color. They are quite detailed, and the shading looks good, I just prefer color.

It doesn’t have USB, network or wireless, but an old fashioned parallel port. That’s fine because my computer has one, but I was surprised at the lack of USB, even USB 1.1.

The LaserJet 4200 is built to last. It’s solid and heavy, at 45 pounds and takes up quite a bit of space, measuring 16.4 inches wide by 16.9 inches deep by 14.4 inches high. Despite that, it works so well, I wouldn’t be without it.

It prints at around 35 pages a minute for text only pages. It does slow down quite a bit if I ask it to print images or photographs, although it gets there eventually. Fortunately I don’t need to do it that often so it’s all good.

To take the paper there is a 500 sheet tray or drawer at the bottom which slides out the front. Finished prints appear on the top, which apparently takes 250 pages. There is also a 100 page bypass tray, which I don’t use, but is there if ever I do.

The LaserJet 4200 is a great printer. It’s big, solid and takes no prisoners. It performs well and doesn’t give you any trouble. It’s easy to look after, and most importantly cheap to run. Ideal.

No comments:

Post a Comment